Monday, November 22, 2010

Just a Hop, Skip, and a Jump Away!

I am getting seriously close to reaching my goal of reading 100 books for 2010. I've now completed book #90 and with only a little over a month to go before this year's end, I am quite confident I can do it.
A lot of people have mentioned to me that they want to join me in 2011 in making it their goal to read 100 books as well and it makes me really  happy that there are still people that are able to see the joy that reading can bring. Video games and Reality Tv, you will not defeat us!! For those of you that haven't read one book this year, why not make it a goal to read one before the new year? I swear you will feel great after....and if you don't well it's one step towards better spelling on your friends' Facebook walls.  I am planning on making this goal into a charity event for 2011. Similar to the MS read-a-thon, but for both kids and adults. I will also have some celeb support involved in it, so I'm really excited.  Just working out the details, so check back early in the New Year for this information.
So here is another updated top 10 list. If there are stars beside it, that means "I liked it... I liked it a lot" (say it in the voice of Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber.)
1. Zeitoun, by Dave Eggers ****
2. Timbuktu: A Novel, by Paul Auster****
3. Amen, Amen, Amen: Memoir of a Girl Who Couldn't Stop Praying, by Abby Sher****
4. Thin is the New Happy, by Valerie Frankel
5. The Book of Awesome, by Neil Pasricha****
6. The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein****
7. The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak****
8. The Heights, by Peter Hedges
9. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Betty Smith (an oldie but a goodie)
10. Birds in Fall: A Novel, by Brad Kessler****

Have a great week everyone and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment